Brea isn’t your average 12-year-old girl. Nope! She’s a total health-nut!
Wholesome food is her thing… she studies and she knows a lot. What she doesn’t know… Is how to keep her big mouth shut.
Move over doctors, nutritionists, and scientists… It’s time for a kid to step up and explain what’s what!
Confessions of a Health-nut
Brea follows her destiny… but challenging a crowd of unruly, junk-food obsessed teenagers, might mean an urgent call for the police!
What do hallways, referees, and frogs have to do with Insulin Resistance and Type 2 Diabetes? Get ready to find out!
Spotlight on a Health-nut
School is almost out for the summer, and the heat is on… but we’re not talking about the weather!
Brea doesn’t follow her destiny… her destiny seems to be following her!
So, what do acorns, sleepover, school assembly, and a farmer’s market have to do with making healthy food choices? Get ready to find out!
Note to Parents
Granola Brea Books are hilarious tales of what one determined girl can achieve with just a little bit of nutritional knowledge that she willingly shares with others.
- Ideal for independent readers 10+
- Lively dialogue between friends, family, and community
- Plenty of hilarious predicaments/occasional clashes, appealing to a child’s natural love for all things humorous
- Delivers valuable healthy lifestyle info; instils the value of healthy choices
- The main character is an independent thinker; she’s brave, sets goals, and demonstrates a willingness to battle her own fears, with the support and encouragement of family and friends
- Health-conscious readers can identify with Granola Brea; navigating in a world of poor health choices, is a challenge for us all, yet this 12-year-old presses on, through all sorts of adversity… holding on to the nutritional facts
- Ultimately, this series of books aims to increase awareness; topics such as Type 2 Diabetes, Obesity, and other metabolic-related diseases, are explored… via the gentler, less threatening format… we love… fiction
Granola Brea Books, as well as other books by Suzanne Rightley can be found on Amazon.