Sophie, Bessie, and Nell are Daisyville’s youngest detectives. Thanks to their investigative know-how, the local Sheriff can put his feet up and enjoy his coffee. And that’s a good thing, because this dusty old town has more than its share of hysterics and drama.
Thief in the Rosebush
Someone has stolen Miss Maddie’s shoe. Who would snatch a shoe right off an old lady’s foot? Is it another prank by those pesky Bartlett Boys? What’s up with the librarian. The whole town is in an uproar, speculation runs high, and as for the local sheriff… clueless!
Crook in the Orchard
It’s time for the annual Pecan Festival. Festivities are soon to begin. What could go wrong? How about disappearing pecans? Now everyone’s in a panic! The Sheriff has his suspicions, but Sophie and her friends find the real crook… just in time! FYI…the first clue is a stinker.
Prankster on the Loose
Fox and coyote sightings mean problems for Daisyville. The mayor has found a perfect solution. But not everyone is on board with his plan. Someone has taken matters in their own hands. Thankfully, the Buttercup Girls step in to solve the mystery and expose the prankster.
Note to Parents
- Timeless, wholesome tales of intrigue
- Appeals to a young girl’s natural curiosity
- Humour woven into lively narrative
- Young readers sense their involvement in solving each case by adding up the clues, evidence, and facts along with the story’s main characters
- A fun, easy, and friendly read, enjoyed by independent readers 7 and up
- Free from unacceptable language/content for this age group
- Note: These stories do not have picture illustrations – the child’s focus is solely on the narrative, building upon their innate sense of adventure, and imagination
Buttercup Girls Mystery Stories and other books by Suzanne Rightley can be found on Amazon.